Ministry Highlights Of Dr. Lee Edward Roberson
Born in English, Indiana, on November 24, 1909
Saved at age 14. Called to preach at age 18.
Married Miss Caroline Allen on October 9, 1937
Married almost 68 years. She went to Heaven on June 26, 2005
Children: LeeAnne Nichols, John C. Roberson, June Ormesher, Joy (died at two months of age), Patty Davis. Ten grandchildren and thirteen great grandchildren.
• Pastored four Churches: one year in Germantown, Tennessee; Three years in Greenbrier, Tennessee; five years in Fairfield, Alabama; fort years and six months at Highland Park Baptist Church in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
• Almost 65,000 people were added to Highland Park while he was the pastor, with 38,894 of those following in believer’s baptism.
• Retired from pastorate in 1983
• Preached in nearly 3000 evangelistic meetings in churches since his retirement.
• Preached for 79 years
• Established the following ministries:
- Tennessee Temple College (now University) in 1946;
- Temple Baptist Seminary;
- Tennessee Temple Academy (grades kindergarten through 12th);
- Tennessee Temple Bible School and School for the Deaf;
- Zion College
• Camp Joy, Union Gospel Mission, and a mission in Dalton, Ga.
• “The Evangelist” church paper; authored 45 books and several booklets.
• Worldwide Faith Missions with missionaries all over the world; helped begin Baptist International Missions, Inc.; influenced International Board of Jewish Missions in moving to Chattanooga; chapel ministry with 77 branch churches at one time.
• WDYN-FM radio station: “Gospel Dynamite” – the longest running live broadcast of its type in the nation.
• Went into eternity to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on April 29, 2007
• Romans 8:28 – “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Made this his life verse at Joy’s death.)
Dr. Lee Edward Roberson
BIOGRAPHY & MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS